TST LearnsA New Monthly Adult Learning Program
We’re excited to announce the start of TST Learns – a monthly series of adult learning opportunities that showcase experts on contemporary issues, complemented by Rabbi Wilfond’s Jewish insights and perspectives.
Additional programs and dates coming soon. Information and registration links are below
Engaging Interfaith Families in Jewish Life
Thursday March 11th at 7:30PM.During this session, Jodi Bromberg, CEO of 18Doors, and Rabbi Wilfond will discuss how we can more fully support family members in interfaith relationships. Founded in 2001, 18Doors “empowers people in interfaith relationships— individuals, couples, families and their children—to engage in Jewish life and make Jewish choices, and encourages Jewish communities to welcome them.” During this session, we will:
- Learn more about interfaith families’ challenges and triumphs.
- Review strategies for exploring and integrating interfaith families into our community.
- Explore ways to:
- Help non-Jewish family members and friends find their place in the Jewish world.
- Help support interfaith couples, friends, and family members as they forge their own path in exploring Jewish traditions and teachings.
- Understand Jewish views about intermarriage and how they have evolved.
Jodi Bromberg: CEO, 18Doors
Jodi Bromberg has been a part of 18Doors since October 1, 2013—the day that the Pew Report on Jewish Americans came out—and became (what 18Doors was called at the time), InterfaithFamily’s CEO in 2015.
She has written for numerous publications, and spoken at conferences, synagogues and Jewish institutions around the country about the importance of creating comfortable, inclusive spaces for interfaith families in Jewish life.
Jodi lives outside of Boston with her wife and three children, where she remains a diehard New York Yankees fan. Prior to joining 18Doors, Jodi was a corporate attorney in the Philadelphia area, and is a proud graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and the Temple University Beasley School of Law.
More information about Jodi and 18Doors is available at 18doors.org.
Message from Rabbi Wilfond
I’m proud and excited about TST Learns, our community’s new adult learning series. Held monthly via Zoom, TST Learns provides our community with an opportunity to explore contemporary issues through a Jewish lens. Subject matter experts in, for example, medicine, the social sciences, and the humanities will share their knowledge with us and I’ll share with you Judaism’s perspective on these same topics. TST Learns will help us to grow, to explore and to be together. Please join us.
Our Adult Education Committee:
Meg Lacey Allen
Where to Begin? The Questions We Need to Be Asking
May 13 at 8:00PM.In this time of pandemic, it's more important than ever that we engage our loved ones in discussions regarding our wishes and plans for end-of-life care. While this planning could begin when we commit our lives to another person and/or when we have children, it is relevant for anyone over the age of 18.Speakers: Stephanie Garry - EVP of Communal Partnerships, Plaza Jewish Community Chapel, and Liz Barnett - Palliative Care Social Worker. During this session, we will:
- Share thoughts about how families can begin these important conversations, incorporating their individual values.
- Learn, through an informational conversation and in a Jewish context, about healthcare proxies, advance directives and funeral planning.
- Explore the questions we need to be asking, information we need to be sharing and decisions we all need to be making – for ourselves, our parents and/or our children.