Our National Mission: YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Our Local Mission: YWCA Greenwich is on a mission to empower women and girls and promote inclusion and dignity for all in our community.
Through leadership, innovative programs, services and educational opportunities, YWCA Greenwich is a driving force for a healthier, safer and more equitable community.
Our vision for our Community
- All women and girls are more confident, more self-sufficient and are supported to achieve their greatest potential
- All people are valued, respected, and treated equally
- There is zero tolerance for domestic violence
- Our community has deepened its knowledge of racial and gender disparities and strengthened social cohesion across all groups
- Our community exhibits health and well-being across a variety of indicators.
- Respect: We believe every person should be treated with dignity.
- Equity & Inclusion: We recognize the equal value of all human beings. We embrace diverse ideas, talents and backgrounds, and believe all people should feel welcome in our community.
- Community: Our community is integral to our thinking and we are committed to evolving our efforts to best meet its needs.
- Empowerment: We believe all people can be supported to grow, learn, and achieve their desired aspirations.
- Excellence: We aim to deliver high quality, safe programs and services, to be responsive to our members, and to value data driven decision making across our organization. These efforts drive our performance and help us to achieve excellence in all that we do.
- Integrity: We are committed to operating with honesty, maintaining ethical standards and transparency.