Welcome to the 5783 (2022-2023) school year!
Registration for 2022-2023 is OPEN!
Shaaray Tefila means Gates of Prayer? Our Living Judaism experiential program provides a gateway to your child's Jewish Identity and Education.
Our school philosophy is to be able to meet the needs of our learners in part by meeting them where they are and creating a safe learning environment. Educating our children in today’s world is not a one size fits all- especially at Temple Shaaray Tefila.
New enrollment process through our membership portal ShulCloud.(Note: you need to be a member of Temple Shaaray Tefila to enroll in Religious School. If you would like to join, please email our Executive Director, Leslie Lichter at firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Enrollment link below will take you to your membership sign in for Temple Shaaray Tefila.
- Sign in and select the Religious School Enrollment icon
- You will enroll each child separately. Select the grade level program for your child you are registering from the drop down menu below their name.
- From there follow the prompts for day of week through to payment.
- Repeat process if you have multiple children you would like to register.
All our programs continue to reflect current CDC and NY State safety guidelines for COVID
Unity of Community:
The monthly “Gates of Learning” represent one theme for our entire congregation! From our Early Childhood Center through our Adults of Leisure we will connect with one central idea! Never before has an entire congregation learned “together”, simultaneously!
Learners will create Jewish memories by “experiencing Judaism”. Immersive, hands-on learning has been shown to be more meaningful and everlasting. Living Judaism provides our learners with a comprehensive Jewish knowledge, a strong Jewish identity, and the desire to live a life infused with Judaism.
We are creatively using our sprawling 10 acres, in all 4 seasons, to increase our innovative “out of the box”, educational experiences. Our outdoor classroom spaces will be used year round!
Grades 1-7 may choose between a Sunday from 9:15am-11:15am or a Monday from 4:15pm-6:15pm afternoon class. B’nai Mitzvah training will also take place at this time. Some benefits of this will be:
- If you have children of different ages they can come on the same day
- The ability to consult with our entire team and senior staff or all your education needs
- A consistent, simple educational system with the same experience whether you choose a Sunday or Monday
A multitude of Adult Education opportunities will be available and will be taught by our Rabbis
Experiential Gates of Learning
Your child will experience a variety of educators, each with their own speciality, including Rabbis, teachers and Senior staff members
Hebrew and Prayer Power:
In addition to your child's full day of learning at the temple, we will offer weekly opportunities for virtual classes and Hebrew enrichment.
- Hebrew Digital Classroom: Small group learning focused on individual needs of the students
- Hebrew enrichment opportunities will be available by appointment on a flexible schedule
- Structured, comprehensive Hebrew for all grades beginning in Kindergarten