Welcome to the school year!
Enrollment is OPEN for grades K-12 AND our Teen Center!
Shaaray Tefila means Gates of Prayer. Our Living Judaism experience is the gateway to your child's Jewish Identity and Education inspiring their head, hearts, and hands to lead a joyful Jewish life.
We believe that each individual has a divine spark הצתה (ha'tza'tah) that is special to them and we meet the needs of our learners where they are by creating a safe learning environment that is not a one-size-fits all. While each grade has its own discrete curriculum so that students gain new knowledge and have new experiences each year, there are several themes woven throughout the grades so they learn in age and stage appropriate ways. Students explore these themes in ways that engage and inspire their heads, hearts, and hands each year to build their Jewish identity, instill a sense of pride, and help make Judaism meaningful, relevant, and joyful.
Members can enroll their children through our membership portal ShulCloud. You must be a paid member or have a payment plan to enroll in our K-12 programming. Our Teen Center features a "non-member Teen Center" rate.
- Enrollment link above will take you to your membership sign in for Temple Shaaray Tefila.
- Sign in and click on the green "My Accounts" at the top of the page select the "Start School Enrollment" tile.
- You will enroll each child separately. Select the grade level program for your child you are registering from the drop down menu below their name.
- From there follow the prompts for day of week through to payment.
Membership of Temple Shaaray Tefila is a prerequisite to enroll in our Living Judaism Religious School program. If you would like to join our temple, please see THIS PAGE or call the temple at 914-666-3133.
Unity of Community:
The monthly “Gates of Learning” represent one theme for our entire congregation! From our Early Childhood Center through our Adults of Leisure we will connect with one central idea! Never before has an entire congregation learned “together”, simultaneously!
Learners will create Jewish memories by “experiencing Judaism”. Immersive, hands-on learning has been shown to be more meaningful and everlasting. Living Judaism provides our learners with a comprehensive Jewish knowledge, a strong Jewish identity, and the desire to live a life infused with Judaism.
We are creatively using our sprawling 10 acres, in all 4 seasons, to increase our innovative “out of the box”, educational experiences. Our outdoor classroom spaces will be used year round!
Grades 1-6 may choose between a Sunday from 9:00am-11:15am or a Monday from 4:15pm-6:30pm afternoon class. Some benefits of this will be:
- If you have children of different ages they can come on the same day
- The ability to consult with our entire team and senior staff or all your education needs
- A consistent, simple educational system with the same experience whether you choose a Sunday or Monday
A multitude of Adult Education opportunities will be available - see our newsletter for details.
Experiential Gates of Learning
Your child will experience a variety of educators, each with their own specialty, including Rabbis, teachers and Senior staff members